Please see the important message below regarding trash pick up from Susan Keeny.
Happy Labor Day!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Labor Day Holiday Will Affect Refuse Collection Schedules In Columbus
For Immediate Release Contact: Melanie Crabill, 419-0790
September 1, 2010
Trash, recycling and yard waste in Columbus will not be collected on Monday, September 6, in observance of the Labor Day Holiday. This will prompt changes in the collection schedule for trash, recycling and yard waste in Columbus as noted below.
For residents assigned a collection color:
- Collection of trash in color-coded collection areas will rotate forward one day, the week of Labor Day as follows:
Color-Coded Area Trash Collection
September 6 Monday No Collection
September 7 Tuesday PINK
September 8 Wednesday RUBY
September 9 Thursday GOLD
September 10 Friday GRAY
September 13 Monday NAVY
The color-coded schedule will not rotate again until Columbus Day on October 11.
Zone-Area Collection Schedule
- Customers who live in zone-schedule areas have a two-day collection window. Customers with dumpsters or other non-wheeled collection containers receive collection within their two-day window throughout the year. Zone customers with a wheeled container will receive collection on the second day of their window, the week of September 6.
Curbside Subscription Recycling and Yard-Waste Collection
September 6, with collections taking place Tuesday through Saturday.
- Yard waste and recycling, are collected on their own schedule. Collection of curb-side subscription recycling and subscription yard waste will be delayed one day, the week of
Columbus residents can also dispose of their yard waste at any one of nine free yard-waste drop-off locations (please call ahead for hours of operation):
- Com-Til, the City's compost facility: 7000 Jackson Pike, Columbus (614) 645-3152
- Kurtz Bros. and Mulch Manufacturing Inc.: Residents may be asked to show proof that they are a Columbus or Franklin County resident.
- 2850 Rohr Road, Groveport (Kurtz Bros.); (614) 491-0868
- 6055-C Westerville Road, Westerville (Kurtz Bros.); (614) 882-0200
- 6279 Houchard Road, Dublin (Kurtz Bros.); (614) 873-2000
- 6747 Taylor Road S.W. (Mulch Manufacturing, Inc.); (614) 864-4004
- Ohio Mulch: Please be prepared with a driver's license or some form of documentation identifying you as a Columbus resident, otherwise you will be charged.
- 4120 Roberts Road, Columbus (Ohio Mulch); (614) 921-9330
- 4665 Westerville Rd. (Ohio Mulch); (614) 891-3242
- 1600 Universal Rd. (Ohio Mulch); (614) 445-4455
- 537 Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd. (Ohio Mulch); (614) 863-0445
Residents can call the Columbus Call Center at (614) 645-3111 (311 from many home phones) for information about trash pickup and Rumpke at 1-800-828-8171 for information about the collection of yard waste and subscription recycling. Residents also can look up their collection days on the Columbus 311 website: 311.columbus.gov <http://311.columbus.gov>
Public Relations Specialist
109 N. Front Street Columbus, OH 43215
Cell: (614) 419-0790