The Columbus Day Holiday Will Affect City of Columbus Parking Meters
The hours of enforcement at parking meters owned by the city of Columbus will not be in effect on Monday, October 13, 2014, in observance of the Columbus Day Holiday. Motorists may park free-of-charge at the meters on Monday, October 13, 2014. However, parking restrictions signage at some parking meters will be enforced, including but not limited to:
· Morning and evening rush hour parking restrictions
· Valet zones
· Taxi zones
· Loading zones
· Handicapped-only zones
· Residential parking permit zones
Motorists are advised to read the parking restrictions signage posted at the curb and parking restrictions stickers attached to the parking meters before leaving their vehicle parked in a parking restricted zone.
The parking meters hours of enforcement at city of Columbus parking meters will resume at 6 a.m. at 12-hour parking meters and 8 a.m. at all other parking meters on Tuesday, October 14, 2014. Motorists are reminded to check signage at the curb and on parking meters for hours of enforcement.
The Parking Violations Bureau provides motorists these friendly reminders to prevent being ticketed or towed for illegal parking at parking meters or other locations within the City:
· Before you park, always check posted signage for hours of enforcement, no parking zones, permit-only or handicapped-only parking
· Always check the hours of enforcement posted on a parking meter to make sure you purchase enough time on the meter
· Cars parked at expired meters during enforcement hours are subject to ticketing and possible impoundment
· Cars parked illegally in no parking, handicapped-only or permit-only zones, and areas with no parking during specific hours are subject to ticketing and possible impoundment
· If you have any doubt whether you can park legally in a spot, go to the next nearest parking spot where you are certain you can park legally
More information about city of Columbus parking meters and the City's Parking Violations Bureau is available at www.columbuspvb.com.