Good evening - Please see the meeting invitation below from the multi-neighborhood group working on a proposal for a historic district to be created for NECKO, Dennison Place, and the Circles neighborhoods.
Historic District Meeting with Randy Black from the City of Columbus Historic Resources Commission
When: Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Where: King Avenue United Methodist Church
299 King Avenue (corner of King and Neil)
Time: 7 PM
Are you curious about your neighborhood becoming a historic district?
Come and find out more!
- What are the pros and cons of a historic district?
- How would our historic district compare to existing districts? • Will it be more expensive?
- What about renovating your house?
- Will existing properties be forced to conform?
- How has it worked out for other neighborhoods?
- How do people feel about living in a historic district?
- How are 'eccentric' buildings viewed within a historic district? • What are some practical 'next steps' that we can undertake?